Tuesday, January 13, 2009

bittersweet symphony

Photography, Jessica Balfour, Kelowna, BC
Source:
http://www.jessicabalfour.com/
"Imagine if these moments could last forever."


bittersweet
(noun)
something that is bittersweet ;
especially :
pleasure alloyed with pain
(adjective)
being at once bitter and sweet ;
especially : pleasant but
including or marked by elements of suffering or regret


symphony
(noun)
consonance of sounds... a musical composition... consonance of colour (as in a painting)...
something that in its harmonious complexity or variety suggests a symphonic composition
(from Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary)

If there is a word more appropriate than bittersweet to describe how I feel about looking at the home page of this website, I don't know what it could possibly be. Just look at me...
Beautifully innocent.
Blissfully naive.

An exquisite mixture of moments weave the tapestry of life.
It is a symphony of memories, both bitter and sweet, in which I find myself drowning these days; yet, it is through this cacophonous, dissonant array of melodies that I will learn to hope once again.


'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life


Bittersweet Symphony,
The Verve

No comments: