This is the weekend that singles dread.
Sunday particularly, for Sunday is the dreaded day itself.
Valentine's Day.
It's the day of the year in which love is celebrated. By red roses and love letters, through small tokens or grand gestures, it's the day on which couples smile, sigh and bask in the glow...
...and singles roll their eyes and indulge in way too much wine, chocolate, ice cream, or whatever the vice may be.
Not me. Not this year.
Apparently, as I was told just yesterday, I'm being whisked away to one of my absolute favourite places in Ontario for an evening of suprises (maybe a tour of a winery?) a fancy dinner, and a night at the luxury Hilton hotel...in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Yes, I am spoiled.
Yes, J. is wonderful.
Not me. Not this year.
Apparently, as I was told just yesterday, I'm being whisked away to one of my absolute favourite places in Ontario for an evening of suprises (maybe a tour of a winery?) a fancy dinner, and a night at the luxury Hilton hotel...in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Yes, I am spoiled.
Yes, J. is wonderful.
Mind-bogglingly, astoundingly, perfectly wonderful.
Have I mentioned that I am spoiled?
Have I mentioned that I am spoiled?
The look of love is in your eyes
A look your smile can't disguise
The look of love is saying so much more
Than just words could ever say
And what my heart has heard
Well it takes my breath away
I can hardly wait to hold you
Feel my arms around you
How long have I waited
Waited just to love you
Now that I have found you
Don't ever go
I love you so
The Look of Love,
Burt Bacharach & Hal David
as sung by Diana Krall
No comments:
Post a Comment