So I'm in New York City, for those who didn't know.
That's a lot of you, because I didn't actually know for sure myself until last Friday that I'd be flying out on Monday and returning Thursday of this week to help run a gold conference held at the St. Regis Hotel in upper crust, mid-town New York.
Yup. That's where I am right now.
It's been an incredibly packed couple of days filled with last-minute, late-night admin work for the conference; running around all day making sure everything is running smoothly; basking in the insane luxury of the hotel (we have a butler!) and enjoying lavish dinners and drinks with co-workers and clients in the evenings.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, which is my own to do with as I please. A lot of my co-workers are heading to London to run the conference again overseas, but I'm not needed for that. Instead, I get to spend an extra night in New York doing whatever I wish before flying home Thursday afternoon. Broadway show? New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden? Drinks at a jazz bar? Window shopping on Fifth Avenue?
I haven't decided. All I know is that this is quite possibly the only time in my life that I will be able to spend a night in the St. Regis (at $559/night!) on very generous company dime, and I intend to dress up extremely stylishly, high heeled boots and red lipstick intact, and really enjoy my evening.
I'll keep you all posted. I told you I've been busy.
Ah, the life of high finance.
Why am I leaving it again?
1 comment:
WooHoo BABY!!!! Pretend I'm there, (if I could I would stick on my wings and join you for a night) party it up and have the loveliest time taking it all in. And then you will be required to report on all the glory of THAT concrete jungle in OUR concrete jungle! xoxo
Post a Comment