I'm working again.
I've been working again for over a month, actually, but it hasn't really felt like working until the last couple of weeks. In that time, I've made some huge realizations. I'm still processing, still pondering, still pensively attempting to clarify the muddle of my mind on a myriad topics; but I'm sifting and sorting and eventually, I'll figure out what comes next.
When I do, you can rest assured that I'll share. Most likely with the usual sense of verbosity that permeates basically anything of any consequence that I choose to share in this public domain, when and if I choose to share anything at all.
On a slight tangent, let me just say that it is becoming increasingly less and less appealing (especially since blogs have now seemingly become the equivalent of "Dear Diary, today I went to the mall, and...", the majority of which I have zero desire to read) to blog. Sorry. I didn't start blogging to give a daily update on my life; nor do I need a daily update (with photos! oh yay!) on other people's lives. My journal is very different than my blog, and personally, I'd rather read (or see) something witty, inspirational, challenging; when those posts are buried in the mundane of every day, I tune out.
That was cynical. Oh well.
I'm getting older. I know this because I'm getting more cynical (although when it comes to online social networking up the wazoo, I think I've always been pretty darn cynical). I know this because I'm thinking about the future a lot more than I used to; thinking about where I want to be, who I want to be. I'm thinking about the people I want surrounding me, supporting me. I'm thinking about the career I want to pursue (please note that I said career, not job). I'm thinking about where I want to live, how I want to raise children, whom I want speaking into the lives of those children. I'm thinking about how amazing it's going to be to actually spend the rest of my life with someone; not just making a promise of empty words, but making a commitment that, come hell or high water, will last a lifetime.
I'm thinking an awful lot.
I wouldn't have things any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment