Thursday, June 30, 2011

off to Ottawa once again

The last couple of years, J. and I have spent the Canada Day weekend in Ottawa.

If you weren't aware of how momentous this weekend has been in the past, or how excited I've been leading up to it, you can check it out here and here.

I'm looking forward to the fireworks on Parliament Hill, the morning runs along the canal, the early-afternoon roams through the city, the late-afternoon naps, the evening dinners on the town, the midnight drinks on a patio, the daily browse through Byward Market, the never-ending conversation...

I'm not looking forward to the crowds that will be there for Will and Kate.
The wedding was beyond beautiful.
The pandemonium that they cause is nightmarish.

We've already changed our plans to avoid being there today when they touched down, so we're leaving tomorrow and taking Monday off instead of today to still make it a four day weekend. After our morning runs, we will probably hibernate in our hotel in the afternoons to avoid the mass chaos, and emerge at night...which, really, is more than fine by us anyway. We're night owls.

Have a lovely Canada Day holiday, and a fantastic weekend!
I know we will.

No comments: